Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 6, 2010

34 Weeks and a Semi-New Due Date!

Here I am 34 1/2 weeks pregnant with baby girl Devereaux!

We went to our doctor's appointment yesterday and all is well with baby girl! I haven't gained weight this week, either, which is another good sign. My lack of weight gain is probably due to the diabetes diet, but we also read that you tend to stop gaining weight right before you go into labor...needless to say, every little thing makes us think "this is it - we are going into labor!" but we try to be a bit more realistic, even though we want her to come right now!

The doctor said she looks fine and is growing properly. She checked me out and said I'm not dilated at all, which means we are not subject to pre-term labor as of right now. BUT that could change, of course. We are prepared with packed bags now! All we have to do is put in the car seat!

Our doctor scheduled our final ultrasound for Monday, May 24th at 11:30. After this ultrasound, she will schedule the induction date based on little girl's weight. She said the absolute last day we will have this baby will be June 7 - so no more June 14th due date! I've been using that date as a milestone for months now, so it's bittersweet to let it go! But it means I get to see her sooner! So if we don't go into early labor, we are looking to meet our daughter sometime between May 25th and June 7th! Very exciting, but scary...I thought we had 6 weeks to go, and it looks like we only have between 2 and 4 weeks now!

As for me, I am pretty immobile right now, even with my new maternity belt (it's awesomely hot, ladies, let me tell ya). She is sitting on a nerve so my lower left back HURTS relentlessly. Just yesterday, Matt had to put my socks on my feet for me. Yes, it's gotten that bad LOL! I'm also having ridiculous insomnia, which I understand is mother nature preparing me for my sleep pattern (or lack there of) after the baby arrives. Last night wasn't so bad, though - I only woke up twice, which is a huge improvement to waking up ever 2 hours.

I've also got monster heartburn and I'm eating Tums like M&Ms. The doctor suggested I move to a more preventative medicine like Prevacid or something similar, because Tums are full of sugar...the thing I cannot have right now! I could go on and on about the list of inconveniences of pregnancy, but like I've said throughout the whole pregnancy, it's nothing compared to the end result! Simply NOTHING could spoil this pregnancy and how happy and lucky Matt and I feel to be blessed with this gift of life. It's surreal to think that at the beginning of this blog we didn't think we'd ever have a baby of our own and now look at us...soon to be parents of a healthy little girl in a month or less! Time truly flies by when you're having fun, and we've had the time of our lives:) God is good!!!!!!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment