Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 3, 2011

New House...Moving In's a Pain!

We've been so incredibly busy around that here I haven't posted an update in a while. First thing's first, we've officially moved into our new house!!! We love it here, we love the neighborhood, we love our neighbors, we love the space, we love everything! I say this now because as we were moving in I did NOT love everything. I had to clean...and clean...and clean...and clean. This house was vacant for a few years before it was put on the market after the owner died and the staged furniture did a great job at hiding how really filthy it was. In hindsight, we should have hired a professional cleaning crew (or requested that the seller hire a prof. cleaning crew) to clean from top to bottom before we moved in...but of course, we didn't think of that. So we moved in over a 2 day period and stuffed all our stuff in the living room while I cleaned the house (with the help of my mom and mother-in-law, without which our things would all still be in boxes!) and peeled contact paper off every cabinet in the kitchen. I think my fingers literally bled while I did this.

So, we've come a long way, cleaned up a ton, straightened up the yard and are finally feeling like this place is ours! We've got lots of interior painting to do, but we take it one room at a time. It's less overwhelming this way, and let's face it, I'm easily overwhelmed. Here's a picture of our new place before we moved in...
In other news, Stella is a big ole ball of deliciousness and just turned 9 months on March 1. I still cannot believe this baby is 3 month's shy of one year old.




We go to the doctor today for a follow-up (she had an ear infection last week and has been on antibiotics to clear it up) and her 9 month check up, so I'll post her stats later.

No comments:

Post a Comment