Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 21, 2010

19 Weeks, 3 Days!



Posted by Picasa

Well, here we are, right on the cusp of the half-way mark of this pregnancy! We can't believe it! This pic was taken yesterday, so today we are officially 19 weeks, 4 days. Our little girl is starting to move more frequently, which I absolutely adore. It's the best feeling in the world...like flutter of butterflies or someone drumming their fingers on my tummy. I can't feel her externally yet, so Matt is having to use his imagination and be patient. It's like little girl and I already have our own girl secrets from Daddy:)

At this point, she is around 6 inches long and weighs almost one whole pound! She is most active when I'm lying on my back either in the mornings or in the evenings. One rather disgusting analogy of her development this week is from What to Expect When You're Expecting...apparently the Holy Bible for pregnant people. The equated her size to "a mango dipped in greasy cheese"...seriously. Seriously? What the hell is that? Why even go there? I know, I know, she probably does look pretty funky at this point, but why use 2 types of food that I (used to) like separately and combine them together to make some disgusting analogy? I'll never eat a mango again without thinking about that....and I love mango! Thanks WTE!

This past Monday we spent the day shopping and pre-baby registering with my sister, Mary Catherine. I have no idea about the nursery furniture but I am pretty sure I know what I want the nursery to look like overall... but I'm going to mull it over for a while, just to make sure I'm in love with my idea:)

....which is very similar to our name situation. Matt and I are in love with a certain few names and while Matt is pretty certain he knows what he wants to name her, I am having commitment issues. It's not that I don't LOVE the name(s) we've picked out...I really really do love them! I am just having trouble committing to naming her that for the rest of her life. Its like I need to spend some time referring to her by her hypothetical name before I commit...this is normal, right? RIGHT?! Maybe I'll practice writing her name and printing it out...maybe that will make me feel better. I am a nut, this I know! We have another doctor's appoint this coming Monday where I have a list of questions to ask my doctor like how to avoid a c-section (of which I am terrified), do I need any vaccinations to go on my Rep trip to Costa Rica in April, and a few other graphic questions I'll leave to your imagination.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Caroline, I laughed out loud at this one! :o) Soooo cute! Annnd so normal. How gross, a mango in greasy cheese. Seriously, who thinks of that? Oh, and we had a hard time with both of our boys committing to their names. I mean, its a big responsibility giving a person a name. You don't want them to be known as "Bertha" or something. (ha, and if you do...well, sorry about that!)

    ReplyDelete