Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, November 15, 2010

Life Changes

Many things have been going on in our lives over these past few weeks. I am no longer working for Kelly's Kids and am currently staying home with my sweet Stella. We are unsure what the future holds as far as being a working mother versus a stay at home mother, but I am trying to enjoy this time at home with Stella first and foremost. I am keeping a sweet couple friends' new baby girl on Mondays and Tuesdays, which I love! Sweet McKenzie and Stella love playing together:) I also just had an interview with a pharmaceutical company who is looking for a sales rep in this area, as well as taken steps to become a certified Pilates instructor. Both of these are dream jobs for me so we'll see how they play out in the coming weeks:)

In other news, we bought a HOUSE! We are so excited to now be official homeowners in LA after living here for 2 1/2 years as renters! We bought a lovely, historic home in downtown Covington that needs some TLC and updating....a new project I am DYING to begin...but we have a wonderful canvas to work with!




We have agreed on a price contingent upon an inspection and appraisal, so while I say we "bought" this house, it is, of course, not final until we officially close on December 27. Until then, I will have to dream about my projects for this house. For those of you who know me, you know that "planning" is not one of my strong suits. I get a bit excited about potential ideas/plans/projects and tend to jump in full force rather than planning them out methodically...this is where Matt comes in. He's much more practical and thoughtful when it comes to projects like renovating a home:) I already have a folder on my desktop filled with ideas for the kitchen and bathrooms - I'm channeling my energy into finding the exact style I want rather than going out and buying paint and light fixtures ASAP!

We've got a fabulous wedding this weekend and Thanksgiving next weekend, so we are gearing up to be on the road quite a bit over the next 2 weeks. My best friend from college (Candace) is getting married this weekend and I am so thrilled to be her matron of honor. Wedding festivities begin in Mobile this Thursday so we'll head over after work for a fun filled weekend! Then next week its off to Columbus for 2 days and Hattiesburg for 2 more days so we can show off Stella to family members who haven't met her yet and enjoy Thanksgiving with family! We are so looking forward to this time with family and friends! We'll have lots to post more about in the near future! Happy November until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment