Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Happy Birthday to Mattie, Indeed!

Well...you really won't believe this one, 'cause we don't. I'm pregnant! Seriously! After Matt's birthday party last night, I felt extremely bloated and not right, especially since I hadn't seen my period in over 40 days. Now, keep in mind, I'm an irregular gal so the date didn't seem to throw me. So I just sat up this morning and said I think I'll take a pregnancy test just to rule it out...and I did...and to our astonishment, it was POSITIVE!!!!!!! There they were, the word I'd been waiting on for over a year and a half...'Pregnant' on my niffty digital HPT.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

So I screamed for Matt and we sat there looking at each other for 5 minutes, unable to form a coherent thought. Then he suggested I go get more dog food because we were out. Perfect. But actually, he really thought we needed more proof so off I went to clear out the grocery store of their entire stock of HPTs. Turns out, they were all correct! I got squeezed in to see the nurse practitioner today just to make sure I was pregnant and after I waited for what seemed like an eternity, they called me back, took my weight (ugh I gained 5 or so pounds:(), blood pressure and got a urine sample then the nurse walked in with paperwork and started with "Ok, which hospital do you want to give birth at?" and I said "wait...WHAT??? Am I really pregnant??", she said "Yes, girl!!! You're 5 weeks and 6 days! Your due date is June 4th." That's how I heard the most fabulous news of my entire life!

So here I sit, blogging about this experience at 4:30pm after I have daydreamed an entire day away. I can't tell you how surreal this is. I go in for the first ultrasound in 2 weeks and hopefully we'll get to hear a heartbeat! Until then, we'll try not to tell anyone...wish us luck with that! It's gonna be hard! And just to measure how I started out in this pregnancy, here's a belly pic...except that's not the baby - that's carb consumption:)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment